Two people were affected by inhalation of smoke from a fire in a kitchen of a house in Playa Paraiso in the Municipality of Adeje in Tenerife.
The 112 Emergency Service reported that the incident happened around midday, and those affected were a woman of 38 years and a young person of 18 years.
Both were overcome by smoke inhalation, and had to be transferred to a hospital centre in the south of Tenerife.
You can find this and other news stories from the Canary Islands and Spain in the free, online 'News from the Canary Islands':
Remember to enter your email address for your FREE weekly online copy of 'News from the Canary Islands'
Keep up to date by joining our Facebook page: @newsfromthecanaryislands